Hello Past and Future Guests,

We always try to work with our guests in all types of situations but we do have a firm cancellation policy that is as follows:

  1. If outside of 60 Days, 100% Refund.  Please cancel on your end via VRBO or Airbnb, it should go right through if 60 days out.  Just request and make sure you get confirmed acknowledgement from them and us.
  2. Within 60 days officially we have a NO refund policy.  The only part of your payment that is required to refund is your deposit if you had one.    If you inform us you would like to cancel within the 60 days, we will work to rebook the home.  If we are successful in rebooking the home, we will refund you up to the full amount (depending on what price we get and how many days).  We can’t be responsible for VRBO or Airbnb fees if they don’t refund.  We have no interest in obtaining rent twice and will do what we can to make this happen.  We take the following steps:  1. Send to our wait list.  2. Send to Social Media (over 5300 followers).  3. Post on Home Page   4. Post on Craigslist   5. Discount if we think it will help.

During the popular times of the year, we do maintain a wait list which we will reach out to first.

In the event of something like a fire that prevents the use of the house or a forced evacuation happens while you are there, we will refund you for any portion of your stay you were not able to use.

COVID:  Please assume that the COVID 19 virus will be with us through 2021.  With or without COVID, this is likely to be one of the best places to be with the fresh air and open areas.  Please do not ask to cancel at the last minute due to COVID still being around or a case developing in your family/group.  60 days will be enforced.

WATER LEVEL:  Shasta is a reservoir and we do not and can not control the level of the lake.  Normally the lake is the highest in late May and the lowest in November.  Rainfall the winter before will determine the starting point.  For 2021, we have had light rainfall and have communicated this many different ways.  Please assume the lake will be lower than the past several years as a result.  The lake level can result in the closure of boat ramps, the marina and access to the shore by our homes.  Lake level is not a valid cancelation within the 60 day window.  Please note that we try to provide information on the water level and photos of it in this state.  See our Lake Level Page for more information and photos.

FIRE/SMOKE:  Please understand that all of California in recent years have had bad forest fires.  Please assume that during the summer and fall, we are likely to have fires somewhere in Northenr California that can blow smoke into the Shasta Lake area.  If you have sensitive members of your group (heart conditions, asthma, etc) or have no interest in staying at the lake with some smoke or haze in the area, PLEASE AVOID this time of the year.  Many of our guests are willing to come with or without smoke so difficult for us to refund when we can’t refill it on short notice. With the light rain from the winter of 2020/2021, fires started in June.  If the Sheriff department or the forest service put in place a mandatory evacuation for our homes, we will refund any portion of your vacation impacted.  Please do not ask us to cancel and refund at the last moment for reasons of smoke/haze or a fire in the area without a mandatory evacuation as we will hold to the 60 day rule.

POWER FAILURES:  3-5 times a year we lose power at the homes.  This might be for an hour or a few/several days.  If a power failure happens during your stay and we don’t have a back up power system in place we will consider a partial or full refund for the days you have been impacted.  We currently have a whole home generator at Retreat 1 and 2 and a portable one with extension cords in Retreat 3.  If you have a medical condition requiring power at all times, you should not stay in our homes.

Again, we will work with you to find a new guest if you need to cancel, but the more time you give us, the better opportunity for us to fill the home and be in a position to provide a full or particle refund.  Please understand our preference is always to be able to refund you money via a rebooking but it is not fair to our family if you cancel a period of time that many other families wanted but you provide us too little time to find a new interested renter.

Canceling and asking us to provide a credit for a future time is not a valid option if we can’t refill the home especially during the high demand summer months and holidays.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Please stay safe.

David & Lori Raun
Shasta Lakeshore Retreat
www.shastalakeshoreretreat.com
Lori:  Cell/Text:  (925) 200-6934
loriraun@comcast.net, davidraun@comcast.net

COVID-19WATER LEVELFIRESPOWER FAILURES