There are about 7 public boat ramps plus another 4 private ramps. Guests have access to the private ramps as they are owned by Marinas like Sugarloaf and Bridge Bay. We will first cover the 5 ramps in the Sugarloaf & Lakehead area. This area is highly desired by vacationers as it has a number of cottages, resorts and the nicest vacation rentals available on the lake.
SUGARLOAF PUBLIC COUNTY
Closed (Lake too Full)
- 1/2 Mile Drive
- Located North
- Open: 50-150 Feet Down*
- Cost: $20 (self pay)
- Daisy Ln, Right Lakeshore, 1/4 mile, Right
- See drawings below
* CLOSED: Due to the lake level (high) the normal sloped ramps are under water. You can still drive there and try to launch but the road slant is not very greatly and is risky. We would not recommend.
OPEN LOWER WATER RAMPS
Although they will not be needed in 2023, if all the local ramps close, the following boat ramps stay open to about 200 to 220′ down. As far as we know they have never closed unless they did in 1977 when the lake was at it lowest point in history. 2021 was the 2nd lowest level and they did not close.
1. Bay Bridge 1.800.752.9669
3. Jones Valley
Bridge bay is the closet of these three to our homes. It is about a 15-18 min drive.
See boat ramp document on this page.
- 3 Mile Drive
- Near Hwy 5 Exit
- Open: Full to 80 Feet Down*
- Cost: $20
- Daisy Ln, Right Lakeshore, Right Under Freeway, Right again.
There is boat ramp on the Salt Creek arm of the lake which would be the closest for Retreat 8. We know it is open at the current lake level but we do not know if it is open to the public and we do not have a phone number.
- 15 Mile Drive
- South on Hwy 5 just over big bridge
- Open: Full to 210’+ Feet Down*
- Cost: $??
- Daisy Ln, Right Lakeshore, Hwy 5 South, Pass Big Bridge, Exit.
* OPEN: Closest to our homes when all of ours are closed.
For other ramps around Shasta Lake look at the map on this page and “Click” on the more detailed summary below.