Accessibility at Shasta Lakeshore Retreat Homes:
These charming lakeside retreats have their unique features, but many were constructed in the 1960s and may not be suitable for some elderly or handicapped guests. We prefer to make sure you are going to be very comfortable with the homes, their accessibility and floor plans. Here’s a summary of their accessibility from our perspective. We have ranked them from best to worst:
- Retreat 1: This home offers the best accessibility with no steps to the main floor. The main deck, family room, kitchen, and a master bedroom with a bathroom are on this level. You can park your car within 8 feet of the house. The bathroom on this level features a tub/shower combo. The stairs are steep to go to the lower level.
- Retreat 5: With only two steps to enter, this house is mainly on one level. The covered deck provides ample shade, and you can park within 20 feet from the door. There’s one shower and one bathtub/shower combo between the two bathrooms.
- Retreat 3: This house allows you to park within 20 feet of the front door and deck. However, it requires one steps to enter the house and path is a combo of concrete and gravel. The main floor features three bedrooms, two baths, a kitchen, a family room, and a lakefront deck. This level has a shower and a tub/shower combo.
- Retreat 4: Although there are two steps to enter, you can park your car within 20 feet of the front door. The main floor includes three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a family room, a kitchen, and the lakefront deck. It has both a shower and a bathtub/shower combo.
- Retreat 2: Access is a bit challenging with a sloped sidewalk, requiring about 30 feet to enter the house. Although the doors are not larger, the master bath has more room in it than many of the homes. Both bathrooms feature showers, and there is no tub.
- Retreat 6: This house has three steps and is situated about 35 feet from the the parking. This floor features two bathrooms, one with a shower and the other with a tub/shower combo. Alternatively, you can access the lower floor via a different driveway without any steps, which has one large bedroom with three queens and a small bathroom with a small shower.
- Retreat 8: Access involves approximately 3 steps and about 20 feet to get into the main part of the house. The main floor has one bedroom with three twin bunk beds and a sofa sleeper. A bathroom is also available on this level, along with the family room, dining room, and deck. Three steps down are required to access the pool area.
- Retreat 7: Unfortunately, a flight of stairs is unavoidable to access the main upper level. Downstairs, there’s a game room, a bathroom with a tub/shower, and a bedroom with two bunk beds. There are no steps to enter the lower floor and you can park your car within 8 feet of the lower floor door.
- Retreat 10: The lower level, which includes two bedrooms, a game room, and a bathroom, can be accessed without stairs but will require a couple steps. However, the main floor requires climbing stairs.
- Retreat 9: Access to this home involves climbing 1.5 flights of stairs to reach the lakeview deck and front door. However, once inside, the entire living space is on one level. Please note that the bathrooms in this home are relatively small, with one featuring a tub/shower combo and the other a shower.
While these homes may vary in accessibility, Shasta Lakeshore Retreats offers a range of accommodations, and we’re happy to assist in finding the best fit for your specific needs. Please contact us for further details and recommendations.
Lori at 925-200-6934 or email us at ShastaRetreats@gmail.com.
We look forward to discussing with you to see if it will work for your group.
Our homes are located less than 1 mile from Tsasdi Resort and 1/4 mile from Sugarloaf Cottages.